We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung R700 won't boot up, makes 3 beeps, 1 long, 2 short

ridgback

Likes # 0

Hi folks, not very computer savvy so please bear with me. I tried to turn on my Samsung R700 earlier and it won't come on, it just beeps 3 times, 1 long and 2 short.

I get the feeling it's proably terminal but there are a some pictures on there I'd like to get. Fortunately I've backed up most of my photos to an external hard drive but there are some recent ones I have not yet backed up.

Can I recover them? I don't want to lose the pictures so would appreciate any advice/info given.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Beep Codes http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

1 long and 2 short. is usually video error which is not good new for a laptop as unlikely to be a loose graphics card.

Still worth removing and refitting RAM modules just in case.

Like this post
ridgback

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the reply, next daft question how do I go about removing the RAM modules?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

They are usually under a cover on the base. No the same model as yours, but the 520 manual from here will give you an idea. If all else fails, you could remove the hard drive and put it in a caddy to transfer data to another computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...