We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web Page Design Background Effect

Jezzy1959

Likes # 0

Can anyone advise me on creating a web page background with a similar effect to this one ? http://www.richarrismusic.info/resources/rhb.jpg

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

It's about as simple as it gets. It's just a html page with an image centred on it.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

I did wonder if you meant how was the image created. If that's your question, there are at least a couple of possibilities. First, it was drawn by an artist or second, it was a photograph manipulated in a graphics program like the GIMP.

Like this post
jonasmarsh621

Likes # 0

Well if you are that lazy you can just copy the code of a background that you like. Or you can choose to do what LastChip stated above.

Like this post
Jezzy1959

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies. To explain further, what I am looking for is the filter in a program such as Photoshop to obtain a similar effect to this web page background.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

I did wonder if that's what you were asking.

I can't speak of Photoshop, but in the GIMP, you can use FX-Foundry --> Artistic --> Quick Sketch which will give you a good starting point for a "pencil" style image.

Just take the image you want to render and apply that filter. You could then either use it as is, or apply other filters to enhance, or change the result (sharpen, blur, brightness, contrast, etc.).

And best of all, the GIMP is free!

Like this post
Jezzy1959

Likes # 0

Many thanks, I found the effect I wanted with a Photoshop filter

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow