We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphics card causing 'judder' during golf game?

hypnobiz3

Likes # 0

I have a basic PB Imedia pc, about 2 years old, I can't remember what it's called but the graphics card is pretty poor, fine for every day computing and i am not a gamer but, i found one game World Golf Tour which is great but it has a meter that you have to mouse click when it hits the centre to play straight shots etc, when i click my mouse there is such a delay before it reaches the meter i miss by a massive amount, i know part of this is learning to time the click but it's a very long delay between click and action also when the line is moving along the meter it judders badly so i'm never sure exactly where the line is, i tried reducing screen resolution which helped a teeny tiny bit I changed the nvidia settings from looks to performance again it barely made a difference and both changes make everything else look crap, this is a midi tower and from what i understand that would really restrict my options for getting another graphics card, is there anything i haven''t done that i could try i played it about a year ago and it still had a fair bit of delay but it's much worse now, in the end is it just that my graphics card is poor? I know it was only 2nd from the bottom of the cards that were released at the time

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Two factors will combine to produce these problems:-

1. A graphics card that just can't handle the data stream.

2. Insufficient RAM

One of the universal truths in computing is that the single most effective upgrade is always more RAM, all other things being equal.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

FE as answered one reason, But if its off-line that you are playing games the CPU or Graphics is not up to the job of running the game.

You could try Right Click Desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot drop the Graphics Acceleration slider one notch at a time and try the Game

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...