We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

samsung s3511, totally flummoxed

andymc1973

Likes # 0

Hi all, I have a samsung S3511 laptop, problems with system32 so i tried to flatten the OS with a recovery disc but no use, I have installed a new HDD and im currently attempting to install Windows, I originally got "windows is loading system files", it stuck at this point for several hours and nothing, I now dont even have the opportunity to go into the BIOS and configure the HDD, just a blank screen, I have tried the function keys on startup but no joy? Im pretty much a novice at this stuff, can anyone help? thanks Andymc

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

And your OS is XP, Vista, W7?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Its sounding like a bad hard drive.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Take the Hard drive out altogether. Now boot it up with no hard drive in. You should get a message saying something like 'Operating System Not Found' or similar.

Now you can switch off (hold power button in for about 10 secs until it powers down) and then reboot and try to enter bios.

Let us know what happens and then further advice can be given.

Is the battery in and also laptop plugged into Mains electric when you boot up?

Like this post
andymc1973

Likes # 0

yes mains electric, will try your fix, thanks

Like this post
andymc1973

Likes # 0

Hi all, tried what was suggested and it didnt say "no operating sytem" without the HDD installed? re-inseted the HDD and booted up after pressing the off button for 10 seconds, nothing, not even a screen flicker, tried it with recovery disc and nothing again? thanks Andymc

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

1. Turn off the computer,
  2. Take the battery out
  3. Take out the power supply
  4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect power supply
  6. Then the battery.

What happens now any fan sounds hdd noises?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...