We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help

chrisod

Likes # 0

hi can i run avg free antivirus and zone alarm firewall or is it worth me using zonealarm antivirus and getting rid of avg????

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

My preferred Antivirus at present is Avast. It is free, just be sure to opt for the free version. E-mail registration needed but you don't get any junk mail from them. I have removed AVG from three computers recently as it was slowing them down noticeably. Windows firewall is OK and if you are connecting through a router, check it is using NAT and this provides an extra level of security.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

AVG anti virus and Zone Alarm firewall together will be OK as long as you do not use more than one AV and/or Firewall.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Zone Alarm firewall would be fine with AVG but not the full Zone Alarm security center

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

does anyone use the full zonealarm security suite antivirus/firewall etc.????

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

anyone ???

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The majority use free security, so perhaps be patient for answer.

Or better still, start a new thread with a proper title about 'zonealarm security suite' to attract those that use it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014