We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

T Mobile 250Mb Download tarrif

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just a quickie.Daughter has been in touch with T_mobile for a phone package for her 12 year old son.

Everything else is ok with the deal but the 250Mb download has her worried.She was told even if he uses more than that he will not be charged.

You name it he is on it do you think 250Mb download would be enough for a month on a mobile.

The salesperson is going to phone her back later today.

Like this post
mh84

Likes # 0

Personally, I don't think 250MB is enough. I have a limit of 500GB on Vodafone and regularly go over this, and I don't think my usage is particularly heavy! Vodafone then charge me £5 per extra 500GB. My average monthly usage seems to be around 650-750MB per month. I will be leaving Vodafone when my contract is up and going to GiffGaff or Virgin Mobile which both provide unlimited data on their SIM Only tariffs (I am very happy with my Nexus S Handset and don't envisage needing a new handset any time soon so SIM only is perfect for me !

Wierd she was told they wont charge for using over 250MB! What is the point of having a limit on there if they dont charge you to go over? Vodafone chrge me pretty sharpish if I go over my limit, so maybe its worth double checking what the conditions are?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

For a 12 year old who's on everything - definately not. I have heard that T-Mobile are lenient with this but I should ask what the likely charges would be if he regularly exceeded this small data allowance. Personally I have a 500Mb data allowance which quite frankly I'm never likely to use because I don't browse the internet on my mobile. It would be interesting for other forum members to post data useage for another 12 year old with a smart phone - I would guess at 2-3GB.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I was thinking about the same Taff.The point is he has no idea you know what like young ones are they just use it not thinking about how much extra it is going to cost as they do not have to pay for it.

I just have the old fashioned phone where you call or send a text message.So I cannot advise her as what is needed.

mh84

I was thinking along the lines of 1Gb minimum would be needed.

I noticed Virgin give a 15% discount for students so not sure school kids would be part of that or not.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok thanks all.

She decided not to go ahead with the 250Mb and will look elsewhere for a better deal.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad