We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is I.E.10 worth installing on Windows 7 desktops

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Am I going to see any improvement by putting I.E. 10 on a Windows7 desktop or is it just for touchscreen laptops running W8

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Only tried Vista a couple of times on my grand Daughters computer and did not like it.

W/8 I don't like at all I am using my W/7 computer just now.

I think it could be an age thing as it is far to complicated for me.You learn how to get into one area of the computer and the next day you have forgotten how to do it so you have to start searching again.

It badly need the start button and all programs back again as it is far to complicated.

You can download them from another source but they don't look right.

Marks out of 10 I would give it a 4 but I know that there are others out there that do like it.I am just not one of them.

I have found no problems using I/E.10 on W/7, as far as I know you have to update your flash programs manually on the W/7 version but it comes with Microsoft updates on W/8

Like this post  
Muergo

Likes # 0

So we can agree, I will stick to Windows 7 until Windows 9 comes along, by which time I shall be too demented to use it!!, but I will upgrade to I.E. 10.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Since sending last message the following appeared on "Windows Secrets"

There are fourteen other updates to be downloaded unless you are on automatic.

QUOTE:

MS12-071 (2761451)

IE 9 users get a cumulative security update

It’s not a Patch Tuesday without some sort of Internet Explorer update. This time around, the fix is for three newly reported vulnerabilities in IE 9 that could allow an attacker to acquire the same rights as the current user. It’s a good reminder that one of the top security best practices is to do your browsing in a standard-user account (not an admin-level account).

IE 9 is the only version of Internet Explorer impacted by this critical update.

For Windows 7 users who like testing new software, Microsoft just released a preview version of IE 10, the browser included with Windows 8 and RT. (Some of you might have forgotten that a Win7 version of IE 10 has been in the works.) You can get the preview at an MS Downloads page or a TechSpot site that includes Microsoft’s promo material. I plan to test drive IE 10 on Windows 7 Preview soon; Microsoft claims it’s faster and more secure, plus does a better job of displaying webpages than its predecessors.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...