We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is I.E.10 worth installing on Windows 7 desktops

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Am I going to see any improvement by putting I.E. 10 on a Windows7 desktop or is it just for touchscreen laptops running W8

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

At the moment it is only compatible with W8 but a preview will be available for W7 later this month.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Pre release.

Internet Explorer 10

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you are thinking of installing it it will take about 15 minutes and Your favorites are saved and work on I/E10.

Not much difference between it and I/E9.On the theory that you are going to update eventually maybe be best sooner than later.

Now there were about 10 Windows updates from last night which I downloaded first and then installed I/E10.

So far so good.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

1st minor problem it does not refresh the page when required. As I mainly use Firefox it is not a problem for me.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ignore last it does refresh the page I was clicking on the wrong icon.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Different versions on here' UK 4th bottom.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35709

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I, too rely on Firefox, up to version 17 at the moment and it does have many useful add ons but now and then there are sites that are better or designed for Internet Explorer. I get a lot of trouble with IE9 which mainly is it switching itself off , that prompted me to ask if IE 10 was better but suited for desktops as well as touch screen tablets.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

So far I have found no problems using I/E10.W8 I don't like but IE10 is Ok.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Did you say it was W8 you didn't like, I've no intention of going that route, I only changed from good old XP because I had a new computer with it installed.

Who knows, W8 could be another Vista and I could find myself jumping to W9 however far behind that is.

I don't like touch screens at all, I have enough trouble with my Lumix Windows phone and the touch screen.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015