We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail excessive junk

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am resurrecting my previous subject as I have tried all suggestions without success.

I went away for three days and now have 86 in the junk mailbox. So Windows Live Mail is catching them but how can I block them altogether, I have put all sites on both blocked sender and blocked domain lists which doesn't stop them but just puts them in junk list which sometimes can have one message out of all of them which is legitimate.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I am sorry, I don't understand what you have done. Have you changed your email address completely or created another to divert the spam into?

Please explain the last part of your message, I was thinking of going over to Outlook but keeping my same address.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I created a new outlook.com e-mail address and took MSN with it as well. So I was still getting the spam e-mails from MSN.

I deleted all of MSN from my computer but was still getting the spam e-mails in Outlook.

In the Security message when signing on to Outlook for the first time they asked for another e-mail address just in case I forgot my password.This they could use to help them to be able to send me my Password if I could not sign into Outlook.

Since I found the MSN address on there and deleted it I have had no further spam e-mails

So just wondering if you had deleted an e-mail address that was receiving spam and not got rid of it completely.

The MSN address was only a back up for sending me a password if needed but I was still getting the spam e-mails from it even though I had deleted MSN from my computer.

That had been going on for a few months and just glad that I found the culprit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback