We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NO internet

mh84

Likes # 0

HI All,

Im using a Samsung Series 7 (NP700Z5A-A01DX) I recently the 'System Recovery Media) to install Windows 7 from the disk provided by Samsung. Seems to hae worked, fine, installed a version of windows 7 without any of the extra bloat ware from Samsung. Problem is I cannot find a way to connect to the internet. I use the control panel to open the wireless network connection window, but none are found. I don't even get the wireless connection thing in the bottom right of the task bar.

Can anyone help? Let me know if you need more info..

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Now you can download the manual for it here.

Samsung Manual

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Should have added you want pages 69 and 70.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi I have a Samsung not the same model as yours but to switch On-Off Wireless its Fn F9 together. Mine runs vista and I did a reinstall but I have two disks, one to load vista etc, and a drivers disk to reinstall all drivers.

Like this post
mh84

Likes # 0

Yes, I know how to use the FN button, but none of the functions are working! Can't change the volume or brightness or anything!

I've also looked in the Device Manager in Control Panel. The following 'Other Devices' have yellow triangles beside them:

*Ethernet Controller *Network Controller *PCI Simple Communications Controller *SM Bus Controller *Universal Serial Bus (USB Controller)

Also not working are the Headphone Socket, and the screen resolution is not as good as before!

As the USB port are not working either I assume I will have to download the relevant drivers from Samsung website and burn to a CD? Just need to figure out what is what on the webiste!

Im a bit disappointed and surprised that Samsung would provide a recovery media DVD that doesn't include the drivers! Almost wish I had bought a Sony VAIO now!

Like this post
mh84

Likes # 0

Yes, I know how to use the FN button, but none of the functions are working! Can't change the volume or brightness or anything!

I've also looked in the Device Manager in Control Panel. The following 'Other Devices' have yellow triangles beside them:

*Ethernet Controller *Network Controller *PCI Simple Communications Controller *SM Bus Controller *Universal Serial Bus (USB Controller)

Also not working are the Headphone Socket, and the screen resolution is not as good as before!

As the USB port are not working either I assume I will have to download the relevant drivers from Samsung website and burn to a CD? Just need to figure out what is what on the webiste!

Im a bit disappointed and surprised that Samsung would provide a recovery media DVD that doesn't include the drivers! Almost wish I had bought a Sony VAIO now!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Can you find anything you need from here.Samsung

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

When I did a similar thing to my Sammy netbook, I had to download Samsung Easy Display Manager (part of the 'bloat ware' you mention) to get the Function keys working.

Like this post
mh84

Likes # 0

Hmm...seems I am mistaken about this bloatware! I always thought it was unnecessary extras provided by the manufacturer! This was the case with Sony anyway! Turns out I do actually need it for the Laptop to function properly! Strange then that it's not included on the Recover Media DVD!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Free download from here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

go back to device manager and un-install one yellow icon at a time then reboot

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...