We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NO internet

mh84

Likes # 0

HI All,

Im using a Samsung Series 7 (NP700Z5A-A01DX) I recently the 'System Recovery Media) to install Windows 7 from the disk provided by Samsung. Seems to hae worked, fine, installed a version of windows 7 without any of the extra bloat ware from Samsung. Problem is I cannot find a way to connect to the internet. I use the control panel to open the wireless network connection window, but none are found. I don't even get the wireless connection thing in the bottom right of the task bar.

Can anyone help? Let me know if you need more info..

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

.. installed a version of windows 7 without any of the extra bloat ware from Samsung.

Often this software contains code which is essential for some of the laptop features to function. Perhaps you need to install the full package.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

have you got your wireless switched on on the computer.Have you tried switching off and on again.Same with the Wireless router.

Check services and make sure wlan is set to automatic. And also check device manager to make sure there are no yellow exclamation marks on it.if so let us know what.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies.

I feel a bit stupid now. Wireless is not switched on! But I cant find how to switch it on! None of the Fn+keys functions are working (That's is how I usually turn the WiFi on/off....and there is no physical button on the laptop to turn wireless on. The icon for wireless networks on the task bar is also missing! Does this mean some of the drivers are missing, or is it something else?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

fn should work with the Antenna F key. Press fn and hold first then the above

Like this post
mh84

Likes # 0

No..Fn does not work at all! I'm completely stuck and lost for ideas!

Samsung support is closed on sundays :(

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

As Jock1e has suggested - have you checked device manager to make sure there are no yellow exclamation marks on it?

Sounds to me that the Network Adapter is missing and may be contained in the "bloatware" that you haven't installed. Only other suggestion is to go to the manufacturers website and download the correct Adapter.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You should find a Network Adapter download here - make sure you select the correct one enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Click on DRIVER - left side of page to see List

Like this post
mh84

Likes # 0

Thanks for that...I will try that...Seems like I will need to download to my external hard drive and transfer over for installation. Just hope the USB drives will work. I will let you know what happens!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You have to press the FN button and the F12 button at the same time.

Not sure where your FN button is but on a lot of computers it is on the front left hand side.Just look for a button with the letters FN on it press it and press the F12 button at the same time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad