We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I access subtitles in Windows Media Player ?

Channel

Likes # 0

I've downloaded BBc TV programme to WMP but can't access the subtitles.(I have problems with the BBC iPlayer, & it won't download programmes )WMP help says access the Play menu and click subtitles.It isn't visible when I start to play the programme,yet beforehand, all it says is Saved/unsaved list.Having hearing problems, we need the subtitles. Can anyone help ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You may not have downloaded the subtitles. When playing video then ctrl+shift+c will turn on subtitles if available (alternatively right click when playing).

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For iPlayer have you downloaded the iPlayer Desktop iPlayer help

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Subtitles are not available on every programme. I watch iPlayer but don't download them first, just watch them by clicking on play as they are streamed. When subtitles are available there is an s near to the symbol for making the screen large at the bottom of the play screen. Click on this to turn subtitles on or off.

On reading comments on another forum it appears that the subtitles facility is only available if you watch programmes as above or if you actually download them using the iPlayer desktop.

Like this post
Channel

Likes # 0

Thanks,both.I guess subtitles weren't downloaded, so we'll watch it asit is streamed.As for iPlayer,having downloaded the player,when opting to download a programme I just got the message asking me to download the player.I contacted support,and got help in uninstalling and re-installing and it worked-once, before same problem.Subsequent instructions were fairly complicated, so i thought I'd avoid iPlayer.Perhaps I'll try again when I've time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...