We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Planing to upgrade

ethriuz69

Likes # 0

hi guys, i just planing to upgrade my grapics card to NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and ram to 8gb. do you think it will be compatible? im not good in Pc's so give me an advice thanks :) this is my currently specs.

Motherboard MODEL ASUS M4A88T-M LE Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 B55 3.3GHz Ram 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GT 440 hard drive 465gb

Like this post
ethriuz69

Likes # 0

hi guys, i just planing to upgrade my grapics card to NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and ill add another 4gb Ram. do you think it will be compatible? im not good in Pc's so give me an advice thanks :) this is my currently specs.

Motherboard MODEL ASUS M4A88T-M LE Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 B55 3.3GHz Ram 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GT 440 hard drive 465gb

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If Win7, RAM upgrade is OK, make sure you get correct type for your PC. If XP, will only accept up to 4Gb RAM.

Graphics card update - unless you are actually having graphics problems, I would strongly advise you to give this a miss.

Like this post
ethriuz69

Likes # 0

yeah, my OS is W7 ultimate, and my Ram is DDR3 Kingston, my grapics card havent any problem, i just wanted to upgrade it, so i can play the game i wanted.. but your not sure if its not compatible?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Most people who have attempted to update nVidia graphics usually have a lot of bother afterwards.

For RAM go to Crucial

Run their Test and you can be sure to get the correct type for your PC - prices are very reasonable too.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Upgrading a graphics card is very simple and as you are already using a Nvidia GPU it is easier still as you will not have to be concerned about drivers. But I would make sure that your drivers are up to date by going HERE and using option 2.

As for RAM you do not say whether your Windows 7 Ultimate is 32 or 64 bit. If it is only 32 bit then there is little point in increasing your RAM to 8GB. By the way you only have 2 RAM slots so rather than add RAM you will need to buy 2 new modules (2 x 4GB) but only if you have Windows 7 64bit.

Motherboard.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Should be no problem just amke sure you have the right slots on your m/b for the new card

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

nVidia upgrade .... my apologies, I was assuming just a Software update - a new graphics PCI card should be easy enough.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

If this is being used for any sort of gaming, I would be tempted to think of a general upgrade, to really increase performance, along these lines. part list

Benchmarks for GPUs

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen