We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Move folder from USB stick to Library folder in Windows 7

johnincrete
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm loading stuff onto a brand new laptop that is running Windows 7, copying it from my PC (XP) using a USB stick It's a rush job and I dont have time to learn Windows 7. Simple question: with the USB inserted in the laptop, how do I move a folder from it to a folder in a library?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Simplest way would be to open whichever library you want the folder from the USB to go in then 'drag and drop it' or you could also 'copy and paste' the folder.

Like this post  
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronos - I knew it would be easy (but not so easy as XP!) I'd been trying using the "mouse" pad on the laptop and got so frustrated that I had to walk away! Much easier now I've bought a mouse.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I cannot use a touch pad either on a laptop and always use a mouse instead.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I wholeheartedly agree, separate Mouse is much better. I also use a full-size USB keyboard, much easier and saves wear and tear on laptop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more