We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

easy Word question about spacing text

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

I should know this but can`t find the setting. Using Word return takes me down one line as you all know. Somewhere is a setting where you can go up or down half a line at a time. Can anyone help please.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

i In 2003, Format, Paragraph, Spacing, line Spacing. Similar in the later versions I think.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Don't see how it's possible to set it for half a line. It's one line, one and half, two, etc.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Half a line will mean that text is on top of another line but Paragraph, Exactly and choose your font size. If you are using 12 pt then choose 6pt.

Which version of Word and do you mean half a line?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I know it is possible as I have done it before hence the post, can probably sort it with one and a half then return on the line above which should give me a half space I think. but any other suggestions please.

Ray

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You haven't answered my question - which version of Word? See also my post about Paragraph and exactly. That will give half line spacing.

One and half spacing and return will give one and a half line.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you are wanting a block of text to have half a line space in between each line/row, then choose one and half spacing.

In Word 2003 you can have an icon for a choice of line spacing on the top toolbar. Rightclick on a blank part of Toolbar | Customise | and on the Command tab, choose 'Format' in the lefthand column and in the right column scroll down to line spacing icons and drag and drop the icon(s) you want up to the top toolbar.

This makes it easy to select what spacing you want for the whole document before you start, or change at beginning of a paragraph, or if editing and you want just parts of it then select the text and click on the icon.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Reading lotvic's post I think that one and half spacing may be what is required.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It may be like it is in my Corel WordPerdect. Go to Format Line/Spacing I can change mine 1.0 mil at a time

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

bumpkin,

Perhaps your thinking of superscript (Ctrl + Shift + +) or subscript (Ctrl + =)?

Peter.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'