We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Asus windows seven drivers

Im a diddy
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is it possible to upgrade to windows seven on asus x51rl laptop?

Like this post
Nebular

Likes # 0

Yes but you might want to also upgrade your system memory to 2Gb if you currently only have 1Gb installed. A great program that will find the latest drivers for your system, with Windows 7 installed is called drivermax, which I use almost daily. You can use the free version which allows you to download 3 or 4 drivers per day. You can get the program here.

Like this post
Im a diddy

Likes # 0

Thanks both,I'll have a try ,do you think win 7 with 1gb will run better than vista with 1gb?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

do you think win 7 with 1gb will run better than vista with 1gb?

No, neither run well on 1GB - definitely upgrade to 2GB which I think is the maximum your laptop will take.

Like this post
Im a diddy

Likes # 0

All sorted,driver max spot on,lets you install two per day so graphics and sound done.ps quite nippy at one gb but will pop another gig in sometime thanks all

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Im a diddy , glad you're sorted but be aware that Driver Max will upload information from your PC constantly. To do with drivers, as they say. I can't remember correctly but there is two parts to their software.

An upload manager (forget the name they give it) will be constantly running if you don't disable it, you need to find it in programs and features, or within Driver Max. Even if you uninstall DM this upload manager will still be present. Just be careful, this is why I ditched DM many years ago.

Like this post
spiderlegz

Likes # 0

I've never noticed any issues but I do always change the settings within DM options & un-tick every box. I also uninstall the whole program from each system once it's all up to date.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Do you still have to uninstall the driver agent separately from the main program? It used to be that way.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad