We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to use media player

ponytail

Likes # 0

My wife wanted a piece of music which I unable to find.I eventually found it on a P2P site which is something I never use.I now want to burn it onto a blank CD using media player but not sure what to do.When I go into media player I moved the music to the right hand side teady to burn.I have a external CD Writer as well as the internal writer.I would prefer to use the external writer if possible but seem unable to locate it Media Player just lists the internal writer.Can someone tell me the procedure to burn to a Cd using Media Player.I am using Windows 7

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Below the drive letter for the internal drive there should be "next drive" clicking on it should show the drive letter for your external drive.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

From WMP Help menu

Burn a CD in Windows Media Player You can easily create your own customized CDs using Windows Media Player.

1. Click the Burn tab, click the arrow below the Burn tab, and then click the type of CD you want to burn (audio or data).

2. Insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc into the CD burner. Or, insert a CD-RW disc that has files on it, and erase the contents of the disc by right-clicking the drive in the Navigation pane and then clicking Erase disc. (Erasing is required before you can burn to the disc again.)

3. If you have multiple CD burners and the burner you want to use is not the one selected, choose the one you want to use by clicking the Next Drive link in the List pane above the playlist. Note that you can only burn CDs to one CD burner at a time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback