We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

its not a new subject

nutty norm

Likes # 0

i am still having problem with this SD card it still keeps saying it need formatting which i have already done, and also that it is corrupted if it is corrupted why is that i can still take pictures and still download them through a USB Lead from my camera, i also have a Sony camera with an Memory stick pro duo and this works fine on my computer windows 7, I have had a lots of suggestions as what to do i none of them seem to work so im of the opinion should i buy a new SD Card and try again, for this Nikon Coolpix. Nutty Norm

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

yes it looks like that one, as something not right with the partition info on the sd card

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Its a bit like a normal hard drive that as a index file at the front of the drive telling it where all the info is on the drive, if it's faulty it's like in a Library if the one working at the desk does not know where the book is you would need to look all over to find the book, and if the book was not there you would be looking forever hat's why faulty hard drives freeze as the do not know what to do when the index is broken or corrupt

Like this post
spiderlegz

Likes # 0

I have a new Fuji finepix camera that only allows me to transfer photo's to my pc if the SD card is inside the camera. If I take the SD card out & slot it into the PC it does not recognise the file format & wants to format the card. It's all perfectly normal behaviour for some brands of camera it seems. Is your SD card old? are all the gold contacts in good order? Could it be possible that the SD card is a fake? because the fake cards have a string of code embedded into them, which makes them appear to be of larger storage capacity than they actually are. ie an SD card shows up as 16Gb in the menu of your gadget, but is actually just a 2Gb card. If you have lot's of stuff stored on such a card, it will corrupt the whole cards contents the moment it breaches the 2Gb limit. I would buy a new SD card for a couple of pounds though, just to be on the safe side.

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

Thanks spider legs for that comment the camera is only 5 months old and i bought it on an impulse when on a trip to New York from a camera shop there, The card is a Transcend 4GB it says on the front and it looks Ok , so i will buy a new card to be on the safe side, thanks to all for your patients, Nutty Norm

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

Thanks to woodchip also for all your answers, Nutty Norm

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...