We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

As from yesterday IE9 & Firefox both went into mega slow mode.

Graphicool1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows 7 - IE9 & Firefox

As from yesterday IE9 & Firefox both went into mega slow mode. Using FF just now from the moment I'd typed in the PCA URL to getting to the 'Tech Helproom' it took 7 minutes plus?! Also it's taking forever to download anything.

I can't see how the following could have had any connection, but I know how you like to have all the facts leading up to an occurance. Well the last two things I've done recently was...

(1) - On Sunday I installed the latest Nvidia Graphics Driver. On Monday, while I was playing a game, the screen went totally black for a blink of an eye, followed by a Windows message that it was caused by Nvidia. So I rolled back the driver.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Have you checked you ISP's status page for problems or run a speed test?

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

No problem with FF and PCA here, yesteday or today.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

wiz-king

Since posting this thread I have downloaded and installed Avant & Opera. They both perform exactly the same as IE9 & FF.

In answer to your question No I haven't 'checked my ISP's status page for problems'. But Yes I have run a speed test. Here is the result of that...

Download - 0.13 Mbps Upload - 0.37 Mbps

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Thats pitifull! I think you could have an ISP problem, check their speed problem pages. Re-boot your router and see if that makes a difference.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Wow, that's what you call SLOWWWWWWWW!

Assuming you are on Broadband, get BT or whoever, to check your line! Definitely something is not right. And as above get in touch with your ISP!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I've rebooted my router a few times, but to no avail. I've been with my ISP since I first got a PC with Windows 95. My ISP is ORANGE and I'm using a new router that they just sent me.

I've just noticed this page isn't showing in its entirety. None of the little icons are showing, such as 'B' for Bold, the little World symbol, where you add a URL etc.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

" I'm using a new router that they just sent me "

Maybe, just maybe.....

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Could be a faulty router - Check with your ISP again.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

The router is a 'BrightBox'. I presume that if I hook my old 'Belkin' router up again instead of this one, I'll have to set it up again from scratch, is that right?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No the password etc. should still be good just plug (by cable) and try

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...