We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Orange webmail problems

johndrew
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing their webmail?

The problem/fault started yesterday evening - it was fine in the morning - now when I attempt to enter my webmail account using Firefox the 'check your e-mail' login dropdown doesn't appear and I have been unable to gain access through any other route. In IE I get the dropdown login but after entering details I get the message that I'm not online.

All a bit strange - probably an Orange fault.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Woolwell Somebody had been spamming using my Mail Address, So I had to create another Password. Mail was being returned to my Box what I had not sent

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

After a lot of e-mails back and forward, where Orange denied there was any problem, told me it was resolved and then apparently ignored me, I have at last an an admission in a response today.

They say, "We're aware that some of our customers are having issues logging into webmail due to the lack of a sign in option and are continuing to investigate. We're unable to provide a timescale as to when the problem will be resolved.

In the meantime you'll have to use Internet Explorer to access webmial while the issue persists with your set up using Firefox."

Well it may not be a resolution, but at least it is a form of progress. I suppose I shall just have to wait for them to solve the problems they introduced with their improvements!!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Well eventually Orange/EE (or whatever their latest incarnation is) have resolved the fault of their making. Obviously there is no apology for the denials of a fault or for the time I (and probably others) wasted in doing half the work for them. At least I can now access webmail as previously rather than using the work around processes provided by them and suggested here.

Thanks for all suggestions made.

Like this post  
dgmx5

Likes # 0

Sadly not resolved entirely, Google Chrome is still not working whilst IE9 continues to do so. Have to say, it appears more likely it is their end and Orange have been spectacularly unhelpful in their responses so far.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

dgmx5

Sorry to hear you still have problems. Have you contacted them? The e-mail is free and (over time) effective. I admit I had to get quite forceful before they took notice of my complaint and admitted the fault.

Like this post
dgmx5

Likes # 0

Have done so and will see what their response is. I had hoped that by resolving it for one browser they would have solved it for all.

Thanks for your efforts johndrew in provoking some action from Orange.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

A short, final addendum to the saga.

Today I received a response to my message to Orange thanking them for the resolution to my problem and pointing out that customers generally expect what they pay for and will only make complaints in the event of failings. They said:

"I'm pleased to learn that your Webmail access issue is now resolved.

We value your comments and have taken them on board, as we continually strive to provide excellent service to our customers. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused."

It would seem that someone may be taking input on board.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I am having similar problems with my orange webmail since getting a new ASUS laptop last week. Every time i type my details into the dropdown box on the orange homepage i am redirected to the orange login page. If I re enter my login password nothing happens. Funny thing is that I have no problems on other laptops or PC's or on my phone. Thought at first it could be IE9 so i changed to chrome but still no luck. changed anti virus software as well but this didn't work either. Orange were no help - they changed my password but this wasn't the issue as its OK when I use it elsewhere. Can anyone help! - i'm assuming its an ORANGE problem or something to do with the laptop - but ASUS just advised changing browser which I have done!!!

Like this post

Likes # 0

UPDATE - I have switched back to IE 9 and can now get my emails. Hurrah! Can only assume that ORANGE have sorted the problem out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide