We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Orange webmail problems

johndrew
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing their webmail?

The problem/fault started yesterday evening - it was fine in the morning - now when I attempt to enter my webmail account using Firefox the 'check your e-mail' login dropdown doesn't appear and I have been unable to gain access through any other route. In IE I get the dropdown login but after entering details I get the message that I'm not online.

All a bit strange - probably an Orange fault.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No problems getting in using FF here

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

All OK here - you could try using Mail2Web

See your mail here

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

Regarding that link you gave ''http://mail2web.com/''.

Is that link available to any email address,And how secure is it?

Many thanks, Sorry to hijack your posting. dav

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

catpwss

Yes, for virtually any email address - and it is as secure as the web mail site that your mail is hosted on.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

catpwss

I often use that service when my ISP as webmail problems. You can set your own security rating when using the service. You will also have the option on how you want your webmail displayed.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I have been in contact with Orange Support but they have been unable to suggest a cause for this sudden change in functionality.

To attempt to diagnose the cause I have: Carried out a full Anti-Virus scan both with my system and online with nothing found. Carried out a full Anti-Malware scan with two separate programs with nothing found. Carried out a HiJackThis scan and submitted the results for analysis with nothing found. Closed all Add-ons in Firefox to ensure there is no conflict. This had no effect. Reinstalled Firefox in case the software was broken. This had no effect. I have tried repeatedly to gain access using IE. Sometimes I can access webmail but it takes several attempts. However, if I get into webmail via IE and then change to Firefox using the button in the lower toolbar I am into webmail in Firefox. This indicates to me that either something in Firefox is blocking the dropdown or there is something incompatible in the Orange web page.

I can access all other areas of Orange and my account that I have always been able to. It appears to be webmail that is affected. I have installed no software between being able to access webmail with Firefox and the problem becoming apparent; i.e. between normal access in the morning and the inability in the evening of the same day.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"using the button in the lower toolbar" - which toolbar? IE8 or 9?

Do you get the "hello, how can Orange help you today?" and all that is below it?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Using Firefox, at the Orange webmail page.

Above the two box outs in the main screen and below the black options bar an orange coloured "check your email" box with registration details fails to drop down as it should.

In IE the "check your email" dropdown appears but only links me to my webmail after a number of attempts sometimes.

In my browser in the bottom toolbar I have a small Firefox logo button which switches between Firefox and IE using IE Tab Plus 2.0.0.0.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Works ok for me in Firefox. Do you have any ad-blockers, do not follow trackers installed?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Yes, but no changes to any of them between the process working and failing to work. I have also tried with all Add-ons disabled and it still fails to function - even after a full PC restart.

The problem makes no sense to me. If I had installed, uninstalled, updated or modified a process I could understand it more; but for it suddenly not function for no apparent reason ...

I contacted Orange in case they had upgraded something, but as with you they knew of no reason but suggested I update Java and Flash Player in case I was on older versions; my versions are fully up to date as I recognise the security inputs made in updates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...