We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung S2 USB 2.0 1TB Ultraslim Portable Hard Drive

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi - can anyone sort out what I'm doing wrong with this, please? I bought it on the strength of reviews on Amazon, and wish to keep my Lightroom catalogue on it.

All of a sudden, it says it needs formatting (it's pre-formatted NTFS),and when I use it with Lightroom, this program stops working and closes down, whereas previously it was working ok. I keep getting a screen headed Samsung Drive Manager popping up, and on a random basis, it says it's installing the driver software.

I have a couple of other external drives and simply plugged them in and used them, so I'm obviously doing something wrong. I can't find anything on the Samsung website.

Any ideas, chaps?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

yes Norton should be giving you ample protection so probably just a windows glitch which sfc should cure.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - sorry, I don't understand - where does Norton protection come into it??

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I believe Fruit Bat /\0/\'s post should have been on nissanalmera's thread not on this one.

Samsung Drive Manager, I think I remember another thread with the same problem, I'll have a search and see if I can find it. I think solution was something along the lines of stopping Samsung Drive Manager from automatically starting.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Thanks, lotvic - I feared I was getting a little more confused than usual!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Seagate have taken over the support of Samsung ext hard drives. This explains about the Samsung Drive Manager http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/221683en

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Many thanks - I'll have a look after my pre-prandial G&T!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

How did that post get in here? This is first time I've looked in this thread.

My apologies to all concerned.

I bought a lacie drive that gave me similar problems and had to disable the inbuilt programs to get it to work properly on my XP system.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\, I sometimes get the wrong thread heading on tab when I open a thread.. By that I mean the title of the thread doesn't match the title on tab in Firefox. Next time it does it I'm going to post on the thread and see which one it appears in ;)

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Problem solved: a reformat got seems to have worked.

Like this post  
exdragon

Likes # 0

Hmm, ignore the'got'

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger