We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

File wih rearranged photos wont copy correctly

MuDelta
Resolved

Likes # 0

When I change the order of pictures in a file the changed order reappears after I close and later reopen it but if I copy the rearranged file the order of the pictures reverted to the original one. How do I stop this happening? I am using XP SP3

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Files will stay in the order provided you are still in the same windows session.

As soon as you copy or come out of that windows session windows will rearrange into the order you specified in view options i.e. date, size, or alphabetical order.

Only way to keep your require order is to rename in alphabetical (which starts with numbers first) i.e 001 your first pic, 002 next pic, etc.

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thanks for another of your helpful replies. If you select all the pics in their ordered way, right click and select rename and then do as you say it is all done at one fell swoop! See here:- http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-pictures/

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...