We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleting Softronic toolbar from Mozilla Home page

Daisy22

Likes # 0

Somehow I ended up with this awful toolbar that I have tried and tried to delete but it just won't go.

This is what I've tried so far

control panel - remove programmes etc

deleted firefox and reinstalled, it's still there

does anyone know what else I can try because I really don't like what this toolbar has done to my web browser?

I've done a google search and it appears very technical in trying to delete it, so easy suggestions if possible.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Go to your Add Ons and remove it from there.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

First, you should open the Tools menu in the Mozilla Firefox windows and then select Extensions.

In the displayed Firefox Extensions Manager window, scroll down and select the toolbar you want to uninstall.

Next, select Uninstall or OK, to remove the selected Softonic toolbar.

Finally, to complete the uninstall process, exit the Firefox Extension Manager window and restart the Web-browser.

Like this post
Daisy22

Likes # 0

thank you I've deleted it now

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks