We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to scan using Brother Printer

ponytail

Likes # 0

I did post thread about this two weeks ago but sure whether or not to create a new one.It was titled How to scan to PC.I followed sea urchins link but still have a couple of questions.It seems I have to select file to scan a photo and have selected a destination folder I tried to scan using image but cannot se where it went to if it did scan.I thought image would be for photos not sure why it is file.Also is it possible to make the photos larger

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Perhaps this post will bring better advice from this forum

"is it possible to make the photos larger?"....... first fine the photos!

In principle all scans will generate a file which can be saved and opened later. Where such files are stored and in what form is usually determined by the Setup.

To help you please say which Brother scanner or multipurpose printer you are using and whether this is the first time you have tried using it to scan?

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

I should look before leaping into this

Your previous thread is click here

Previous posts seem to have covered most points except the transition from the scanner built file, to one the Image handling file can display.

Check that the Scanner has been completely installed on the Laptop and have a look for any software that came with the Scanner if you don't already use an Image handling application.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

What image program are you trying to use? I use Irfanview and it is easy to scan to and resizing is simple.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

I am using a Brother DCP-J315W printer

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi wiz-king have downloaded irnfanview so no what is the procedure to scan and resize

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

File >aquire batch scan> single then prescan the image and set the margins, scan, name the image and select the folder you want to put it in. Once you have a image then 'image' > resize/resample and play with the options but dont forget to 'save as' and give it the same name but with a number (eg piccie2) that way you will still have the original.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers