We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8 wrong version

clackyjock33

Likes # 0

ive got a 64 bit Pc but ive installed 32 bit version of windows 8 its affecting my Pc,can i change without in curing a cost

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It doesn't look like you can.click here unless someone knows better. Do you know anyone with the 64-bit iso file you could, ahem, borrow? Don't know if it will verify with the key you have though.

Like this post
aquatarkus

Likes # 0

How is the 32 bit version of Win8 affecting your PC. did you download the Win8 software via the windows upgrade advisor? if so then the upgrade advisor would have looked at the version of windows your were running and given you the upgrade for that version.

for instance if you were running a 32 bit version then you would have got the 32 bit version of win8.

you don't say what the issues you are experiencing are, did you do an upgrade keeping all your programs etc. An upgrade just keeping your files and folders or a clean install keeping nothing.

your CPU is 64 bit but that doesn't mean that you had a 64 bit version of Windows installed.

a few more details would be useful.

Regards

Aquatarkus

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What do you mean by "I've got a 64 bit Pc?" as I am do not know what you mean. Your PC components will be able to handle either 32 or 64BIT OS. As aquatarkus has asked for, more details are needed.

Like this post
kuhf

Likes # 0

I've got the same problem

I used to have a 64 bit windows 7 version on my Dell XPS but that got changed to a 32 bit after I had a hard drive replaced

I didn't realise this until after I upgraded to windows 8.

Now it looks like I have a 32 bit version of windows 8 due to the upgrade advisor.

so is it possible to change to 64 bit? and how?

thANKS

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'