We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help, one pc conects via router ok, ie email, internet other pc only internet, ports blocked on it?

SANAP

Likes # 0

This has me foxed for some reason my second pc no longer allows me to send or receive emails but I can use chrome. ie8 etc to acess internet. In addition I can no longer run live update on NORTON SECURITY 2012, i get a " cannot access server" message, ie it assumes I cant access internet. All other items, laptop, apple tv, xbox, wii, work fine.

All I did was buy a new router in June of this year. When I run a port checker on 2nd pc eg port 80 it says time out. when i check a port like 11098 it says open.

Help?

sanap

Like this post
SANAP

Likes # 0

OK for the benefit of others I resolved this issue myself. The problem was caused by the remnants of that Comodo firewall, free version. I now know that it is impossible to un-install it for an amateur. This could be construed as deliberate as a lot of the fixes suggest re-installing it to get the services that were lost back. Anyway what I had to do was enter the registry and delete every item that mentioned comodo. You can use find in registy as well to find bits. I also had to go to device manager, select show hidden devices and disabbled 2 entries for comodo drivers. I will delete these later. I got a lot of the information via google and the comodo forum.

The moral of the story be wary of installing freeware and take a lot of the reviews with a pinch of salt. And most of all ask google is it a nuisance.

sanap

Like this post
thuba

Likes # 0

Like this post
SANAP

Likes # 0

IS THIS NOT SPAM

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...