We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Recovery Media

Taff™

Likes # 0

Just managed to mess up my first Win 8 setup and can't access the Windows system. Can someone point me to a download for recovery media. (64 bit)?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Give me Vista every time!

I'd stop glugging now.........

;)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I think it's becoming clear that to multi boot will take a new type of boot manager. In future, in my humble opinion, Windows, Linux and any other OS will have to be installed on different hard drives and not on partitions within the hard drive. I don't know what is really going on but think Microsoft is going for the "Apple" type of issuing new OSs.

I might be totally wrong, of course.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Well I gave up on this setup and the machine went back to PCW. Techguys didn't have a rescue disk or USB memory stick rescue device. Simply exchanged the tower. Very courteous service with no fuss at all.

Like this post
brohan

Likes # 0

Luckily the Open Source community has worked hard at resolving the issues created by proprietary people trying to lock down the hardware we purchase with our hard earned dollars for themselves. In Ubuntu try the Boot-Repair found in the standard ppa

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...