We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rapport stops Avast Anti Virus!

subi

Likes # 0

I have been using Rapport for over a year now.My OS is Windows 7 Pro. I also have the free version of Avast installed. Yesterday on booting up the Avast program was unable to open! On trying a number of solutions, without success, I noticed that a Rapport download (unknown to me) had occurred the day before. After deleting the Rapport program I find that Avast is working as normal! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is Rapport in conflict with Avast software? Thank you

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Rapport has a conflict with lots of programs.Although the banks recommend it I don't think that there can be many that use it now.I know that there have been quite a few that have removed it because of the problems it causes.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm using Avast and Rapport. Both working OK. Try going to the Rapport site and downloading the latest version.

Like this post
subi

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e and rdave13.....I have checked on the Internet about Rapport and it has had a mixed response. I think I will do withoutit for now

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I've mentioned before in these forums the number of computers I've seen where Rapport was causing problems. An indication of the weaknesses is revealed when you uninstall Rapport - you are faced with a load of options to choose from as to why you are carrying out the uninstall. Looks to me as though the writers of the programme are using the bank's customers as guinea pigs. I'd steer well clear.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I have had all sorts of problems with Rapport mainly on older XP systems that cannot cope with it's system requirements - needs too much resource. That said I do have several friends and clients that run Avast and Rapport without a problem. I haven't heard of any problems recently but there's time yet!

Suggest you uninstall both. Reinstall Avast First, update it to make sure you have the latest version and then Rapport. To be honest though, even when I had Rapport installed it never did anything - rather like Defender ;0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room