We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

clone drive

Ozy
Resolved

Likes # 0

i have cloned windows 8 from a small drive to a larger drive, using Easeus i have now got windows 8 on the small drive as C:\ drive, and windows 8 as E:\ drive on the large drive. what do I do now?, can I format the C drive? will the E drive then bootup?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I assume you are using the Disk Copy Home Edition, if so there is a full walk through here.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

before formatting anything

remove c

plug e into the sata socket where c was located and check it boots

Image the drive to an external device as backup.

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat/\0/\ I did that, it would not boot, it said a file was missing have removed the 40 Gig drive and installed windows 8 over the top of the one that would not boot, it boots up fine now I just have to install all my aps, thank for trying chaps

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow