We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Android Tablet Password help

V1per5

Likes # 0

Hi, I bought my wife a Kocaso Tablet and cant see anywhere to set the password, there is nothing in the security tab all the sites I looked at for android are showing location and security in the same tab but on this Kocaso they are two different tabs

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What version of Android is it running? v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Like this post
V1per5

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat Yes Android 4.0.4 (ICS) forgot to mention this

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
V1per5

Likes # 0

Hi, This is the problem I do not have location and security on the same tab I just have settings ~ security and there is no pin number or screen lock setting or anything like that there.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

According to my daughter

With Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) your device now has several different lock options available.

To access your lock options, touch Image > Settings > Security.

Screen Lock Options

Slide - provides no protection, but lets you get to the Home screen quickly, or open Camera and start taking pictures immediately.

Face Unlock - lets you unlock your phone by looking at it. This is the least secure lock option.

Pattern - lets you draw a simple pattern with your finger to unlock the phone. This is slightly more secure than Face Unlock.

PIN - requires four or more numbers. Longer PINs tend to be more secure.

Password - requires four or more letters or numbers. This is the most secure option, as long as you create a strong password.

The Lock Screen on Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream sandwich) uses two timers. The first timer is the "Sleep" timer which turns off the device display to extend battery life. You can turn the display on and swipe to unlock. The second timer called the "Automatic lock" timer turns on security features like pin, pattern, password or face unlock and protects the device from unknown users. This "Automatic lock" timer begins after the "Sleep" timer expires and you will be asked to enter personally recognizable data like pin, pattern, password or the face unlock when the display is powered on.

To adjust the "Automatically lock" timer go to Settings > Security > Automatically lock > Select desired time frame.

To adjust the "Sleep" setting go to Settings > Display > Sleep > Select desired time frame

If you are using facial recognition and do not want the "slide to unlock" to appear, set the "automatic lock" timer to "5sec".

Power button instantly locks

There is a new option in Android 4.0.4 which will automatically lock the device when the display is on and the power button is pressed. As soon as the power button is pressed your device will lock.

To activate the "Power button instantly locks" setting, go to Settings > Security > Toggle the Power button instantly locks

Like this post
V1per5

Likes # 0

Thanks for looking, I do see these options when I look on-line for help, and hence I am in this forum for help but I don't have these options when I go to the security tab in the settings.

Like this post
V1per5

Likes # 0

This is all that is in the SECURITY TAB

security Tab all that is there is - Passwords (Make passwords visible) Device Administration Unknown sources CREDENTIAL STORAGE Trusted credentials Install from SC card CLEAR CREDENTIALS

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I suspect that none of us have a Kocaso tablet. Under settings - security - there should be screen lock. If it is missing then this may be down to the way that Kocaso has implemented ICS. Suggest you contact them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert