We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nexus 7 32G wi-fi or 32G wi-fi and 3G

claridge

Likes # 0

Was contemplating buying the version with 3G which is unlocked will I still need a contract to access internet?

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 1

3g is quite slow , might be better waiting for 4 g version , however , if you still want 3g without a contract try GiffGaff for a good sim card deal . You will have to have the Gigabags deal though . For £12.50/month you get 3gb of mobile internet for a tablet or for tethering a phone via bluetooth no phonecalls are included in this price .

Ashley
Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

Or...

You can get a 5gb allowance from T-Mobile for £15 per month

They do a pay-per-day SIM plan as well - you select your own allowance.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I did not realise that Asus/Google were bringing out a 32GB version and for the same price as I paid for the 16GB a short while ago which is a little naughty.

Like this post
claridge

Likes # 0

IT WAS ONLY ANNOUNCED THE OTHER DAY, I HAD JUST BOUGHT THE 16GB FOR JUST UNDER £190 FROM JOHN LEWIS, YOU WILL NOW BE ABLE TO BUY THAT FOR IN THE REGION OF £155. I TOOK MINE BACK FOR A REFUND. THE 32GB WILL BE IN REGION OF £199/£200 AND THE 32GB WITH 3G IN REGION OF £235/£240.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You'll need a SIM from a mobile network provider - PAYG or monthly contract.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...