We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

incredibar search? how do i get rid

johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

this search facility/title came about recently while being part of a download which i declined it now seems to want to attach itself to all my searches, have looked in add/remove and it isn't there ordinary search turns up nothing, revo has no trace. any advice on how to remove please?

XP pro sp3 etc

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

my thanks for that tip i followed the instructions and malware did not find anything nor the other idea re add ons

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I had the same problem a little while ago - this is how I solv3ed it ...

From the horses mouth ...

In addition, to prevent IncrediMail from alerting you regarding the change you have made in the future, please do the following:

1. Open IncrediMail.

2. Select the 'Tools' drop-down menu and select 'Options..'.

3. In the window that opens, click the 'Security' tab and uncheck the 'Notify me about changes in my homepage settings' checkbox.
Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

my thanks for the suggestions unfortunately it was not of much help as config is not the same in firefox as described.

johnny

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Did you try uninstalling it this way...

Did you also look for the small down arrow just to the right of the URL box - when clicked this should give you a list of search engines available - by clicking on "manage search engines" you should be able to delete it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

The configeration is in Incredimail not Firefox - I am using Firefox too, but this has nothing to do with it.

Tools>Options>Security tab in Incredimail!

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

difarn

appreciate your advice but neither options are there.

Nontek.

i do not have incredimail at all i may have mislead you for which i apologise if that is the case

johnny

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes, I thought the download you mentioned was Incredimail - so what was the download that carried Incredibar?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

A poster on another forum was successful when locating and removing a programme called WebAssistant which apparently comes with Incredimail/Incredibar and hides the search engine control programme. This article may be of interest.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...