We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Won't Start no display on Screen

JoeA

Likes # 0

After I thought my PSU had blown and I replaced it I found that neither my hard drive or graphics card worked. I tested these on another machine and they are both fine. However nothing works when plugged into their host computer, am I right in thinking that the PSU has blown the CPU and or Motherboard. The power on Red light is steady on the front of the case and the CPU fan works?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Certainly doesn't sound good, first check you have all the connections from the PSU to your motherboard plugged in correctly (4 pin plug near cpu?)

have you tried getting into the BIOS?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you checked the New PSU connectors with the old and have you connected them as above post for Graphics card and CPU

Like this post
JoeA

Likes # 0

Fruitbat/\O/\

I get nothing on the monitor so can't see if I can get into the bios. Cheers

Like this post
JoeA

Likes # 0

Woodchip, Connections all OK. Cheers

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

It may sound obvious but check that you have not disturbed the monitor cable when changing PSU. Is there anything on the screen at all or is dead as if no power?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As you say I think its blown at least the CPU, motherboard may have survived

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Why would a new PSU blow the CPU? not trying to hijack Joes thread as I am sure he would be as interested to know as I am.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Not the New PSU the Old one did it

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

TRy one memstick at a time

if still same

try remove refit CPU and reboot.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow