We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

window 8 on an acer laptop v3-531

wizzboy

Likes # 0

last night i did a clean install and put window 8 on it, and it just crashed with this code 0xc 0000001, looked up on the window site for what it ment, so let me sate my case, i have a compa q tower and in stalled window 8 on top of 7 and it was ok, and a acer v3-531 laptop on which i did a compleat install and wiped off 7, my point is this clean install wont work, i did go to the acer web site and up dated the bios, and download all the new drivers for it, but has of yet had not put them on, so i think that in the next few months people will be on this site with the same questions 8 wont work on a clean install. for wizzboy

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I thought the cheap downloads were for update only and therefore won't work as a fresh install. I believe you have to buy the full, and expensive version to do that. You could always put 7 back on then upgrade over it?

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

i do have the top windows 8 disk, just been looking on the few web sites this morning and every one has the same trouble with this code 0xc 0000001 on window 8, i do some how think its to do with hardware on the laptop, so what i,m going to do now is try and install 8 on top of 7 ,will let you all know how i get on later, wizzboy

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I have tried the pre release versions of Win 8 on two Acer laptops, an Aspire 5745 PG and a dual screen Iconia.

Won't install on the Aspire (compatibility message) and makes the second screen inoperable on the Iconia.

Either MS or Acer haven't got it right yet.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try going into safe mode it should work ok on there.Then go into device manager and look for yellow exclamation marks.

I had 2 duplicate drivers downloaded and it pointed to the 2 that were not working.

I could not update them so decided to remove them and then I could use W/8 normally.No more going round in circles and going back to the same spot.

Unfortunately I could no longer connect to the internet but device manager was not showing any more problems.

not sure how I got into safe mode all I know is that pressing ctrl Alt Del got me into taskmanager and i got into safe mode that way.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes