We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Camcorder to PC for editing

johnincrete

Likes # 0

Since I bought my last camcorder that used tapes, they seem now to record onto flash memory or hard disk. WShat do I look for in a specification that tells me if I can transfer the recording to a PC for editing (and subsequent burn to DVD)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If they record to a memory disk then you simply remove the disk and connect to the pc ina disc reader or connect the camera. I'm not aware of any camcorders than cannot transfer data to a PC for editing.

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Are you saying that disks in a camcorder can be put in a PC reader like a CD or DVD?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

No - only camcorders with minidvd are like a cd or dvd. But some camcorders use memory cards and they go in a memory card reader.

Read this

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You need Movie Maker

Free Download

It should pick-up your Camcorder if not you will be able to find it in the software Settings

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

If your PC does not have a card reader, you should be able to interface directly via USB or firewire cable to download files from camcorder.

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks all. Obviously the info I had was false. I look forward to a new camcorder

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If it's a Analogue Camcorder you need one of these

Link Click Hear

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)