We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changing from Talk Talk to PlusNet

prince midas

Likes # 0

In the next few weeks I shall be changing to PlusNet From Talk Talk. I am using a dual Nand Netgear Router. Do I have to do anything to make it work when i switch.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

prince midas

You will probably find that PlusNet will supply you with a new router. Their set-up will be explained via the paperwork that will come with it. I had a new/updated one from them a few months ago and the set-up was very easy and quick.

TonyV

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

If no router supplied, you will need to change the login details and password that Plus Net will provide. If you are using a TalkTalk email address, you will also need to change to that of PlusNet in your email client unless you use Hotmail, GoogleMail or another web based mail client.

Like this post
bobpullen

Likes # 0

Hi there,

As others have alluded to, there are two options available to you.

The first would be to use the router we provide. This auto-populates itself with your connection username/password when you first plug it in meaning you don't really have to do anything (assuming the service has been migrated to us).

If you haven't chosen to take a router from us then you can continue to use your Netgear.

Once the service is migrated you'd just need to log into the router interface (likely to be achieved by entering http://192.168.1.1 in to a web browser's address bar) and change the connection username/password.

The username will be in the format @plusdsl.net, where is the username you use to log into our website. The passwortd will be the same one you use to log into our website.

Hope that helps (and welcome aboard).

Best regards,

**Bob Pullen Plusnet Digital Care**

Like this post
bobpullen

Likes # 0

I'll try that again as the forum stripped the chevrons from my post ...

The username will be in the format 'username'@plusdsl.net, where 'username' is the username you use to log into our website. The password will be the same one you use to log into our website.

Regards,

Bob.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

You won't regret going to PlusNet. I've been a very satisfied customer of theirs for many years. Their technical support is outstanding - knowledgeable and responsive. And UK-based!

Like this post
prince midas

Likes # 0

Thanks Guys For all your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...