We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Emails received in a foreign language.

Likes # 0

Two months ago I noticed I was receiving emails in French although I have never replied to any in French - because I dont speak the language. It has got to the stage where about 30% in my inbox are from French companies. Is there any way I can prevent this happening. On occasion I do get legitimate emails in both Spanish and German and I dont want to ban these. I know I could change my email address but that is the last thing I want to do.

I hope this is possible and any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Delete them and bar the sites they are coming from.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

You should also have a look at your spam filters.

They do not seem to be working.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks to Bumpkin and Morddyd. Have already tried suggestions but without success.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Regrettably there is not a lot that you can do to stop them from being sent apart from changing e-mail address. You can however deal with them as they arrive. Are they always from the same addresses? Do you use webmail or an e-mail client?

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I would install Google Translator then you would know who was sending you a message, it's free and doesn't give a perfect translation but it enables me to read the foreign newspapers every day.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I receive three or four foreign-language emails each day. They're in Spanish, Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Polish and Russian.

They are all spam messages, and all of them are deleted on sight.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......