We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

btyahoo homepage

twicklad

Likes # 0

My btyahoo homepage has stretched far to the right,the RH side is now off the screen To access the right hand features - mail etc - I have to scroll a long way right. Web pages and emails are are displayed normally. This occurs on both of my computers so is not is not a fault specific to one machine. How can I restore the home page to fit the screen?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Chances are you inadvertently used the zoom feature of your web browser and your screen is zoomed in so you are now seeing everything larger as a result.

ZOOM OUT: CTRL -

To zoom out, hold down the ctrl key and while holding it in, press the minus key (note that on laptop keyboards you may need to do ctrl/shift/- if there’s no numeric keypad).

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Should have added -

RESET TO NORMAL VIEW: CTRL 0 (that’s a zero, not the letter o)

To reset your view to normal (100%), hold down the ctrl key and while holding it in, press the zero key.

Like this post
twicklad

Likes # 0

Thanks Northubria61 but I had tried that. Have solved the problem. Two of the sites on the homepage - "News videos etc" and "Comics" had changed to single line text instead of multi lines thus pushing the column width to extreme size. Disabling them cured it. But why did this happen in the first place. Is there a way of ensuring these sites do not keep to single line?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...