We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another new Firefox update

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Yet another Firefox update this time from 16.1 to 16.2. I'm finding these newer updates are making Firefox extremely slow?On this site for example it takes ages to even type out a thread.Sometimes one word takes up to 5 minutes as it keeps sticking?It never used to be like that? It's definitely something to do with the plugin-cointainer.exe as sometimes it runs wild and when stopped I can continue typing?Then eventually sorts itself out?P.s Flash player is up to date.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Not having a problem using FF with this site seems pretty fast at the moment.

Suggest you try reinstalling FF.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I am on Firefox 17.? and get frequent beta updates automatically sent for me to install.

It's going like lightning.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Firefox V.15.0.1 running okay

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

As I said previously, I am running Firefox 17.3 and have four windows and 45 tabs up at the moment and they all run at high speed. I think I shall bookmark them all and start again, but some I am using continuously like Radio 4 and 4Xtra so they are giving me the radio whilst I am doing something else like e-mailing or buying from Amazon.!!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Muergo

I'm not having any problems. You might want to uninstall and reinstall the latest Firefox. I've just checked my version and it says:

You are currently on the release update channel

Firefox is up to date 16.0.2

I don't know where your updates are coming from, but it doesn't seem to be Firefox.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I didn't say I was having any problems at all, quite the reverse, I simply pointed out that the rest of the contributors were way behind on updates, I am on 17.3 for sure, through Firefox, you may need to sign up with Mozilla to get the latest, I don't remember how I did it but it works at high speed and with lots of windows and tabs open, far better than I.E. which I keep in reserve.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I didn't say I was having any problems at all, quite the reverse, I simply pointed out that the rest of the contributors were way behind on updates, I am on 17.3 for sure, through Firefox, you may need to sign up with Mozilla to get the latest, I don't remember how I did it but it works at high speed and with lots of windows and tabs open, far better than I.E. which I keep in reserve.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Muergo is I believe using and updating from the Beta Channel not the Release Channel. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I don't know how I got locked into whatever channel it is but it certainly works a treat.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I don't use Beta anything, they can be buggy. After all that's why they release them so when you complain you're having problems they can fix them before the alpha release. That's not to say that the alpha release isnt full of bugs, just fewer. If you're not, consider yourself lucky.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects