We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help

emilysnan

Likes # 0

my emachnie laptop seems to have gremlins in it lol everything on the pc is working fine boots up ok etc but the screen wont come on but when i try he fn button and f6 together it comes on for a few seconds then goes of again but sometimes it will come on and stay on like last night i was using it for over 4 hours seems very strange o me anybody go any ideas please

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

can you get to the control panel/power settings click on hard drive to never turn off. you could also make sure it screen does not go into sleep mode

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Fn F6 will cycle through 3 options (but is slow to change)

laptop screen only

external only

laptop screen + external

give it a few seconds to settle in each option

My laptop stays in last option when switched off, so if I've used it for a presentation, next time I switch on the screen will not light up until I have cycles the Fn F keys

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days