We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Right click not functioning at all.

uppermost

Likes # 1

The right click on mouse will no longer function. Problem highlighting, obtaining menus, copying images, spell and check, to name a few. Urgent assistance required please.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Its the blank posts that threw us

Please answer the questions I posted earlier so we can advise further.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 1

I can't help with the mouse but, until you solve the problem, try using the key between the windows key and Ctrl keys on the right side of the keyboard. This will work as a right mouse click for most things.

Like this post
uppermost

Likes # 0

Thank you Marvin42. This has worked and solved this problem for me. Cheers :)

Everybody who posted, thanks for taking the time to help.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I'm glad that helped and thank you for letting us know but please don't give up on solving the original problem. Answer the questions asked and try to get the mouse functioning correctly - or replace it if that's the fault.

Once you're happy please click on the grey tick on the right to show the thread as resolved.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What op system?

mouse type? wireless usb wired bluetooth PS2?

Have you tried another mouse?

Have you looked in device manager and tried reinstalling / roll back mousse drivers?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If it's a wired mouse cables may be broke near mouse internal to covering. Mine used to do that when I used Wired Mouse

Like this post
uppermost

Likes # 0

Like this post
uppermost

Likes # 0

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Are we being Had

Like this post
uppermost

Likes # 0

Hi woodchip I am having problems and appreciate all help. I am a computer novice and appreciate any advice given. Sorry if you thought I was wasting peoples valuable advice and effort to be helpful. Kind regards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...