We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer won't open new tabs

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Since I reloaded Internet Explorer 9 I find that it won't open links in a new tab, all I get is a blank page and a tab with the Explorer logo with no title.

I've tried using "open in new tab" option as well as the usual just clicking.

I've gone through properties and clicked on everything I can see that I had before, Java is running, cannot see anything out of the normal.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you checked in Internet Options.general and clicked on change how web pages are displayed in Tabs.

If you reset I/E under Advanced sometimes some of the add ons no longer work and they have to be downloaded again.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Yes done all of that, addons are not an issue, they are all working, it's just when clicking on link it opens up new tab but with a blank page.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Reading a few forums about this problem and it would appear that you may have a corrupt IE9 installation and the suggestion is to uninstall/remove ie9 and re-install.

Like this post  
Muergo

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e, have printed that 7Forum answer and will plough through it.

Sorry Woolwell, all this trouble started when I reinstalled IE9 for another problem.

Anyway it's a minor annoyance as I'm using Firefox in the main, that's going well at present.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes