We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.get into windows live messenger

ponytail

Likes # 0

.I have just changed from a desktop to a laptop and want to use windows live messenger the problem is how do I get it onto my laptop where do I find it.Tried google but .too many sites can someone advise.Thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Messenger is part of Windows Essentials from Microsoft

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/essentials-home

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi lotvic thanks for the reply.Do I have to download microsoft essentials.When I clicked on your link I then clicked on get windows essentials download now, A message at the bottom says Do you want to run or save wlsetup-exe (1.18mb )from. wl.dlservice.microsoft.com

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

If you only want Messenger then just click on download Messenger - the second small picture below the main one. Then click download on the right hand side on the new window that opens

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...