We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advent Laptop-No sound but Device manager saying ok?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, My friend has an Advent laptop (Vista) and the sound doesn't seem to work? There are no yellow exclamation marks in device manager so im stuck. The icon is not muted. Please can i ask for some help?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

My friend has an Advent laptop (Vista) and the sound doesn't seem to work?

Presumably it has worked in the past - have you checked the sound drivers?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, Yes, a speaker was already highlighted and said it was working. Im playing a youtube clip and the equalizer icon next to it is moving as if it is playing but still no audio?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, I've just plugged in some speakers to the audio jacks and sound came out. Ref Drivers- there are no exclamation marks in device manager?

I will find out if the audio was working in the past. One thing- the 'left' button below the touch pad has not worked since i have had the laptop from my friend? Any possible connection?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Then the hear phone jack needs a new one as all it is, is a mechanical switch that changes from speaker to phones when you plug a jack in. just spring contacts in side that is stuck on phone contacts

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

woodchip - If sound comes out from the audio jack/headphone jack why would a new one be required.

Several possibilities - duff internal speakers or wrong configuration eg default set to head phone not speakers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...