We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SweetPacks .1 programme - what is it??

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have been uninstalling unwanted programmes from the control panel in progs & features and have come across a programme called SweetPacks update manager for sweetpacks 1.0 and two other sweetPacks programmes called: SweetPackIM for messenger 3.6 and SweetPacks toolbar for IE 4.5 - should I delete these? I have not seen these before and not sure if they are necessary. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Also have a Read Hear

Click to Read

Plenty More to Read about what you have.

Click Hear

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

UUUgh they are horrible!!! I dont even know how this horrible programme leeched its way into my laptop!! I am just so glad to be rid of this UTTER CRAP, mindless brain rotting rubbish!!! YUKKK!!! Laptopdunce

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I also typed in Sweetpacks into that "start search" box at the bottom of my start menu on this vista computer and it only brought up that home page for the Sweetpacks, so I guess that means that there isnt any residual parts of the Sweetpacks programmes anywhere in my registry?? Laptopdunce

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to the Run Box and Type Regedit then press enter key, go to Edit in Regedit and then Find, Type Sweetpacks Before clicking Enter click on the Computer icon at the top left column so that it will start a search from root then click enter key delete Sweetpacks then press F3 for next and so on until you get to end of regedit that will say OKAY. Do Not Touch Anything Else as you may make you computer as it does not work

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

this doesnt work at all, I hve typed Regedit in the box at bottom of start menu (its not called "run" on this vista computer) then I get a window comes up and I click on Edit in the Regedit page and then fine, I type in "Regedit" in the find box and this is where it is not possible to go back to the "computer" icon in the original window and click on that, I dont understand all this really. LAPTOPDUNCE, I think all of the Sweetpacks programme has been deleted already.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You type Sweetpacks in the Find box not Regedit

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Oh right, I will have another go on that computer next week when I am next with it, LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......