We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SweetPacks .1 programme - what is it??

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have been uninstalling unwanted programmes from the control panel in progs & features and have come across a programme called SweetPacks update manager for sweetpacks 1.0 and two other sweetPacks programmes called: SweetPackIM for messenger 3.6 and SweetPacks toolbar for IE 4.5 - should I delete these? I have not seen these before and not sure if they are necessary. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

someone else has the same problem in W7 help, it's a beggar to get rid of :(

Here is link to thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/28/windows-7-help/4181060/removal-of-unwanted-home-page/?pn=1 which might be of use to you as well.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I am really just wondering if I should delete all these SweetPack programmes via the control panel and getting rid of them in the uninstall process, I havent noticed these programmes before and as they are something to do with yahoo IM in one case I can only think they are for these "emoticon" things and these icon things that I never use, but dont want to remove them in case it messes something else up, what do you think? LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think you should read the other post in W7 that I have put link for in my post above.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sorry meant to add: and when you have tried those solutions let us know on your thread here (this one) if they have worked for you. (fingers crossed)

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have just un-installed the sweetpacks IM and IE and updater programmes via the control panel, I only un-installed them via control panel and didnt do all that registry stuff that is on the youtube vid. link, they have now disappeared from the programmes & features list in the control panel. If there are any other hidden parts where would I find them? and what should I do? I have re-booted after the removal of the Sweet programmes and the laptop seems to be running better on IE now, with yahoo as a default homepage. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could check in the registry to see if or not you have the entries as per the info on the links (vid and other) that are on the other person's W7 thread. Hopefully the uninstall via Control Panel has sorted it.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Where do I have to go in the control panel to look in the registry? is it from the control panel where it is accessible, I havent looked in the registry before (apart from doing those Ccleaner registry scans) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

In Windows Search type SweetPacks then press enter Delete the ones it finds

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Leave the Registry until you have done the above

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Also have a Read Hear

Click to Read

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......