We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where are my emails going

alba6

Likes # 0

I have just bought a new Lenovo PC running Windows 7 and set up Windows Live Mail for my email. I have 3 email accounts a 'gmail' address, 'googlemail' address and a 'talktalk' address. The 2 google accounts are set up as IMAP and the talktalkone as POP3. I get emails OK from the talktalk account but the Google accounts are mystifying.If I send an email from my old PC or my wife's PC and watch for them coming through they are OK but if I send the same email and don't try to read it until some time later I can't find it. We were away for the weekend and I came home to NO google emails, the talktalk ones were OK.

Any suggestions?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For me gmail and googlemail are identical. I assume that you have a different name for each before the @gmail, etc.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Are they received in a different folder? Windows Live Mail by default uses more than one Inbox for different accounts.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Inbound emails sent to either googlemail.com or gmail.com addresses will reach the user name that is before the @

So if you sent one to [email protected] it would be delivered to the inbox of [email protected]

Like this post
alba6

Likes # 0

I've resolved the problem temporarily by using Gmail to access my gmail & googlemail accounts and using Windows Livemail for my TalkTalk account. Provided that I access the Gmail site first this seems to work. I still don't know where the emails are disappearing between Gmail and Livemail.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Are all your old emails still showing on the Gmail site? They should be if you have IMAP configured correctly. And it shouldn't matter in what order you access the Gmail site - they should still remain there.

There is no connection between the TalkTalk mail and the Gmail. As with Gmail the Talktalk mail is accessible via the TalkTalk webmail site.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I wonder if....Windows Live mail | View | Current View. Change it to Show All Messages

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sound more like pop than imap to me.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I can make emails disappear and reappear, both old unopened ones and all those that have been read. One of the View Options is 'Hide Read or Ignored Messages' (that's in OE but think it has same choices of settings in WLM)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?