We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Setting up a new email account in Thunderbird

RISC OS user
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just set up an email account for my wife in Thunderbird.

The address takes the form as follows

[email protected]

The problem I am having is that I now have the following in the side panel

Inbox (2) Dxxxxx Pxxxx which I do not want or need and is empty Local (2) which is a copy of the first Inbox (2) Drafts (1) Sent Archives various folders Deleted Outbox Dxxxxxx Pxxxx which again is empty and not needed Local This is a special account but without any identies associated with it.

How can I get back to just one Inbox, and delete all the folder with Dxxxxx Pxxx and also delete the second Local folder. I want all the emails no matter to whom they are address in the top Inbox.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 1

This any help?

Manual

Like this post
RISC OS user

Likes # 0

Thanks, I will have a proper read of the link tomorrow.

Like this post
RISC OS user

Likes # 0

I have looked at the site you suggested, but cannot find the answer I require. It seems odd to me that all is ok until I try to added my wife's second email address, her yahoo email account does not cause the same problems. All I want is one inbox folder, one draft folder, one Sent folder,one archives folder with sub folders, one trash folder, as I have always had up until now and not a separate set for that new account. I have had to remove Thunderbird and then re-install it and bring the other information back from my back-up which I made before adding the second email account for my wife. Has anyone else had any problems such as this?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 1

There is an optional Global Inbox feature that may do as you want - I use Thunderbird with several e-mail accounts but I must admit I have not used this feature. I may have a go. Link here.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...