We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem e-mailing an iPad

Grandad99

Likes # 0

My wife's new iPad 3 e-mail address is [email protected]

I have never seen another e-mail with an iCloud address but a test e-mail from the salesman in the shop was received OK. However when I tried to send a message from OE it failed and I got this message

"Your message was not delivered because the Domain Name System (DNS) for the destination computer is not configured correctly. The following is a list of reasons why this error message could have been generated. If you do not understand the explanations listed here, please contact your system administrator for help

• *The host does not have any mail exchanger (MX) or address (A) records in the DNS.

• The host has valid MX records, but none of the mail exchangers listed have valid A records.
    • There was a transient error with the DNS that caused one of the above to appear to be true. You may want to try sending your message again to see if the problem was only temporary.*

DNS for host icloud.co.uk is mis-configured."

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think that email address should end in .com and not .co.uk

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

I think you're right there lotvic as iCloud.co.uk is registered to Dennis Publishing LTD of London whereas iCloud.com is of course owned by Apple.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"My wife's new iPad 3 e-mail address is [email protected]"

No it isn't. As the others have said, it's [email protected]

Like this post
Grandad99

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone. Have just tried again using .com, hopefully problem solved.

As a matter of interest why in my address list of over 1500 names I haven't seen another icloud one. I assume that ipad and other Mac users have an additional address and wondewr if there is a good reason for this.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

They have only just brought out the @iCloud.com email addresses, it was @me.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite